Child Death Review
The goal of child death review in New York State is to understand the causes of child death and work to prevent future child deaths, illnesses, and injuries. In New York State, local teams are sponsored by county and not-for-profit agencies and, in some cases, are funded through NYS Office of Children and Family Services.
The teams work to achieve their goals through comprehensive, multidisciplinary review of child deaths. These reviews help communities identify risk factors that may prevent future child deaths and then take action to improve child health and safety.
The SICD Resource Center staff is a member of many child death review teams and coordinates community initiatives aimed at keeping infants and children safe.
National Child Fatality Review Teams
NYS Child Fatality Review Teams
- Nassau County Child Fatality Review Team
- Rensselaer County Child Fatality Review
- Onondaga County Child Fatality Review Team
- Madison County Child Fatality Review
- Chemung County Child Death Review Team: 2012 Informational Release
- Broome County Child Fatality Review Team Issues Report, April 2013
- Allegany County Child Fatality Review Team: Service Directory Listing
Spotlight on New York Child Fatality Review - Click here