| Search BookCat Catalog | View Electronic Journals |
The Morton A. Meyers, M.D. Library, named after the first Chairman of the Radiology Department, serves the professional development, educational, and research needs of the medical students, residents, faculty, and staff of the Department of Radiology at SUNY Stony Brook University Health Sciences Center. Our library collection contains over 1,000 time-honored and current books, journals, teaching files, and multimedia resources in order to accomadate the diverse educational and research needs of our users.
The mission of the Morton A. Meyers, M.D. Library is to provide and make accessible a diversity of resources through collection development including print, electronic, and multimedia formats in order to assist in the educational needs and research endeavors of the residents, fellows, and faculty members of the Radiology Department.
Library Materials, Access, and Borrowing
Our materials include books, journals, and teaching files. Our circulating books, Reference resources, and journals are available in the library for borrowing during the hours of operation. The teaching files are locked in the department office and are available for borrowing upon request. The following resources are part of our core collection and are available:
The library is accessible to Departmental faculty and residents on a 24 hours a day basis. Library access is limited for medical students and staff to the daily operating hours of the Radiology Department, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- ACR Learning Files CD-ROM Series
- The Radiologic Clinics, The MRI Clinics
- AJR, JACC, JAMA, JVIR, Radiology
These hours are subject to change and users are encouraged to call in advance.
Borrowing privileges are granted to Departmental faculty, residents, medical students, and staff. All users will be asked to fill out a Library Membership Request Form, agreeing to adhere to the library borrowing policy.
Borrowing privileges are extended to Departmental residents, faculty, medical students, and staff. Library patrons will be issued a library card number to use when borrowing and/or requesting materials.
- Checking Out & Returning Materials: Library patrons are responsible for filling out the book card by printing the date and library card number for all materials and depositing it in the Book Checkout. Item(s) to be returned to the library should be deposited in the Return bin.
- Loan Period: All library materials have a loan period of two weeks. All overdue materials are subject to a late fee charge of $0.25 cents per day per item.
- Lost, Stolen, or Misplaced Items: Library patrons are fully responsible for all items that are checked out under their library card. If any item(s) are lost, stolen, and/or misplaced the patron is responsible for paying the full cost of replacing the item(s).