Youjun Hu, MD
Youjun Hu, MD
University Hospital Level 2, Room 766
Stony Brook University Medical Center
Stony Brook, NY 11794-7025
Tel: (631) 444-2222
Fax: (631) 444-3419
Dr. Hu is board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology and in Hematology (Pathology) and is the director of hematopathology. He also participates in the surgical pathology services. He is a clinical associate professor of pathology.
Dr. Hu earned his medical degree from Zhejiang Medical University, now College of Medicine of Zhejiang University, in China. He also received a Master’s degree from the University of Kentucky. Dr. Hu completed his residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, as well as his fellowship training in Hematopathology, at Tulane University in New Orlean. Louisiana.
Peer Reviewed Publications:
1. P Baladandapani, Y Hu, K Kapoor, L Merriam, P Fisher. Rosai-Dorfman disease presenting as multiple breast masses in an otherwise asymptomatic male patient. Clinical Radiology; accepted for publication
2. Bellone M, Zaslav A, Kiner-Strachan B, Golightly M, Mercado T, Ahmed T, Hu Y, Acute promyelocytic leukemia with a novel variant (15;17) rearrangement. J of Hematopathology. 2011. 4;237-239
3. Zarrabi K, Dufour A, Li J, Kuscu C, Zhi J, Hu Y, Sampson N, Zucker S. and Cao J.: Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-14 (MMP-14)-mediated cancer cell migration. J Biol Chem 2011 286:33167.
4. Hu Y, Yang K, Krause J. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, differential diagnosis and molecular stratification. N Am J Med and Sci. 2011;4(2):67-76.
5. Hu Y, Golightly M: CD5-positive, small B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders: Aberrant findings of CLL/SLL and MCL. N Am J Med and Sci. 2010;3(4):181-186.
6. Hu Y, Zaslav A, Radhakrishnan N, Golightly M, Pameijer C: Myelofibrosis involving lymph node: mimicking mesenchymal neoplasm and with a novel cytogenetic abnormality. J Hematop. 2009 Jun 30;2(3):157-61.
7. Aguayo-Figueroa L, Golightly M, Hu Y, Harris L, Wilson, T: Cytology and flow cytometry to identify ectopic thymic tissue masquerading as a thyroid nodule in two children. Thyroid. 2009 Apr;19(4):403-6.