- Patient Care
- Treatment Facilities
- Our Services
- Patient and Family Centered Care
- Health Education
- Visitor Information
- Preparing For Your Care
- Survivorship and Supportive Care
- Billing and Insurance
- Know Your Rights
- Patient Privacy
- Patient Comments
- Video Messages for Patients
- Suggestions, Compliments, Questions, Concerns?
- Quality and Safety
- Government Comparative Hospital Ratings
- Joint Commission Public Notice
- Find A Physician
- In The Community
- School of Medicine
- Admissions to our Medical School
- Information for Visiting Students
- Information for Current Students
- Residency and Fellowship (GME) Training Programs
- Continuing Medical Education
- The Health Sciences
- Graduate Program in Public Health
- Academic Departments of Our Medical Center
Ravi Radhakrishnan, MD
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
|Contact Phone Numbers|
| Emergencies (Evening)||631-444-1110|
| Administrative Offices||631-444-6725|
|MD Degree 2000-2005||UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School|
|Internship 2005-2006||UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnwon University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ|
|Residency 2006-2009||Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY|
|Fellowship 2009-2011||University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL - Vitreoretinal Surgery|
|Board Certification||Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology|
|Specialties and Interests|
1. Roth DB, Cukras C, Radhakrishnan R, Feuer WJ, Yarian DL, Green SN, Wheatley HM, Prenner J. Intravitreal Triamcinolone Acetonide Injections in the Treatment of Retinal Vein Occlusions. Ophthalmic Surgery Lasers and Imaging 2008; 39(6):446-54
2. Roth DB, Realini T, Feuer WJ, Radhakrishnan R, Gloth J, Heimmel MR, Fechtner RD, Yarian DL, Green SN. Short-Term Complications of Intravitreal Injection of Triamcinolone Acetonide. Retina 2008; 28(1): 66-70.
| 3. Radhakrishnan R, Chalam KV, Linn S, Gupta S, Brar VS, Murthy RK. Evaluation of Modified
Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening
Guidelines Using Birth-Weight As Sole Inclusion Criteria. (Submitted for publication). |
4. Chalam KV, Brar VS, Murth RK, Radhakrishnan R, Khetpal V. Evaluation of a Novel Target Locked, Non Contact, Automated Focal Macular Laser with Integrated Real Time (NAVILAS®) Fluorescein Angiography for Diabetic Macular Edema. (Submitted for publication).
5. Radhakrishnan R, Balaiya S, Brar VS, Murthy RK, Chalam KV. Aqueous VEGF Levels in Patients Treated With Bevacizumab for Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Presented at American Society of Retina Specialists, August 2010
6. Radhakrishnan R, Keshavamurthy R, Gupta S, Chalam KV. Comparative (Contact Vs Noncontact) Evaluation of Utility of Optiflex in Wide-Angle Vitreoretinal Surgery. Presented at American Society of Retina Specialists, August 2010
7. Radhakrishnan R, Balaiya S, Brar VS, Murthy RK, Grover S, Chalam KV. Aqueous VEGF Levels After Intravitreal Ranibizumab for Diabetic Macular Edema. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2010.
8. Radhakrishnan R, C. Zatezalo, L. Rangwala, K. Zamecki, F. Esmail, A. Macedo, S. Brodie. Use of Intravitreal Ranibiumab in Patients with Profound Visual Loss. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2009.
9. Radhakrishnan R, Zatezalo, Esmail F, Lieberman RM, Fischer RM. Long Term Visual Outcomes in Patients Receiving Intravitreal Bevacizumab. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2008.
10. Esmail FQ, Radhakrishnan R, Lieberman RM, Fischer RM. Effect of Intravitreal Bevacizumab on Systemic Blood Pressure. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2008.
11. Chruscicki DA, Hsieh S, Nagpal AG, Toor A, Radhakrishnan R, Vaidya NN, Oh S, Lieberman RM, Fischer RM. Use of Ovine Hyaluronidase in Non-Clearing Vitreous Hemorrhage of Varying Durations. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2007.
12. Radhakrishnan R, Roth DB, Yarian DL, Green SN, Wheatley HM, Friedman ES, Keyser BJ, Leff SR. Intravitreal Triamcinolone Injection for Macular Edema Secondary to Retinal Vein Occlusion. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2005.
13. Roth DB, Heimmel M, Gloth J, Radhakrishnan R, Yarian DL, Green SN, Leff SR, Friedman ES, Keyser BJ, Wheatley. Complications Associated with Intravitreal Triamcinolone Acetonide Injecton – A Study of 1000 eyes. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2005.
14. Gollance SA, Radhakrishnan R, Zarbin MA, Bhagat N. Aplasia of the Vortex Veins: A New Etiologic Possibility for Idiopathic Uveal Effusion Syndrome. Presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 2005.
Last updated by mtanderup on April 30, 2012