Research Assistant Professor of Medicine
Dr. Williams received her Ph.D. from Purdue University and did postdoctoral work at Harvard prior to joining the Institute for Cancer Prevention. She has investigated the use of gene therapy in the prevention of AIDS and done extensive work on NO-NSAIDs. Currently, she is defining the mechanistic role of NF-κB in colon cancer prevention in response to novel chemopreventive agents.
- Williams JL , Ouyang N, Ji P, Liu X, Rigas, B. NO-donating aspirin inhibits the activation of NF-κBin human cancer cell lines and Min mice. Carcinogenesis 2008; 29; 390-397. To view pdf click here.
- Ouyang N, Williams JL, Rigas B. NO-donating aspirin inhibits angiogenesis by suppressingVEGF expresstion in HT-29 human colon cancer xenoografts developed in an immunocomporomised mouse model. Carcinogenesis 2008; 29(9):1794-8
- Williams JL, Rigas B. NO-donating NSAIDs and cancer: an overview with a note on whether NO is required for their action. Nitric Oxide 2008;19(2):199-204. To view pdf click here.
- Ouyang N, Williams JL, Tsioulias GJ, Gao J, Iatropoulos MJ, Kopelovich L, Kashfi K, and Rigas B. Nitric oxide-donating aspirin prevents pancreatic cancer in a hamster tumor model. Cancer Res. 66(8):2006 p.4503-11. To view pdf click here.
- Ouyang N, Williams JL, Rigas B. NO-donating aspirin isomers downregulate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)delta expression in APC(min/+) mice proportionally to their tumor inhibitory effect: Implications for the role of PPARdelta in carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis, 27(2): 2006 p.232-9. To view pdf click here.
- Kashfi K, Borgo S, Williams JL, Chen J, Gao J, Glekas A, Benedini F, del Soldato P, Rigas B. Positional isomerism markedly affects the growth inhibition of colon cancer cells by NO-donating aspirin in vitro and in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2(3): 2005 p.978-88. To view pdf click here.
- Yeh RK, Chen J, Williams JL, Baluch M, Hundley TR, Rosenbaum RE, Kalala S, Traganos F, Benardini F, del Soldato P, Kashfi K, Rigas B. NO-donating nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) inhibit colon cancer cell growth more potently than traditional NSAIDs: a general pharmacological property? Biochem Pharmacol. 67(12): 2004 p.2197-205. To view pdf click here.
- Williams JL, Kashfi K, Ouyang N, del Soldato P, Kopelovich L, Rigas B. NO-donating aspirin inhibits intestinal carcinogenesis in Min (APC(Min/+)) mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 313(3): 2004 p.784-8. To view pdf click here.
- Williams JL, Nath N, Chen J, Hundley TR, Gao J, Kopelovich L, Kashfi K, Rigas B. Growth inhibition of human colon cancer cells by nitric oxide (NO)-donating aspirin is associated with cyclooxygenase-2 induction and beta-catenin/T-cell factor signaling, nuclear factor-kappaB, and NO synthase 2 inhibition: implications for chemoprevention. Cancer Res.;63(22): 2003 p.7613-8. To view pdf click here.
- Ryann Y, Qiao L.L., Williams JL, Chen J, Del Soldato P, Traganos F, and Rigas B. Nitric Oxide-donating nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs inhibit the growth of various cultured human cancer cells: evidence of a tissue type-independent effect. J. of pharmacology and experimental therapeutics, 303(3): 2002 p.1273-1282.
To view pdf click here.